An oil slick the size of New Brunswick!

Seriously. This totally, 100% ticks me off!

When you lay the image of oil spill, over the map of New Brunswick, it's almost entirely covered. PEI certainly would be. I was reading the Go Green blog today, and Jen, the author, had the same thing on her blog, but covering the whole of Southern Ontario! Sheesh. Go to this website and see how your province or state compares in size. I agree with what Jen said too..."It makes me want to hulk smash BP and also vomit"! I couldn't have said it better myself!


I know I have ranted about the oil spill - or major catastrophe in my books - before, but it's getting so out of hand that it deserves another post. Here are some of my opinions:

Leave President Obama alone! The poor man is doing his best to clean up someone else's mess. LITERALLY! I know he was once behind increasing the amount of oil drilling, but he has totally retracted that and is now trying to pick up the pieces of the lives of hisconstituents that have been so radically altered. (PS. I just heard that the Prez is sending BP a bill for $36 million plus. Good on ya!)

Why, oh why, wasn't there a plan in place BEFORE this happened to mitigate the chance of the spill, or at least to be prepared if it happened! I know people are talking about this ad nauseum, but it's true. It would have saved a lot of time, money and extreme environmental harm!

The BP President made a quote saying that he 'wants his life back'. You have got to be kidding me. I am sure that it's tough for you right now buddy, but please, try to consider the lifes of the fisherman in the Gulf that this this spill has ruined, the environmental affects and the time and money that so many people have put into clean up. You might have to wait awhile to 'get your life back', until others are able to get one with there's in light of the disaster.

A little bit of a silver lining in all of this, is that people may start to see that green energy options aren't so bad, even if they do cost a little bit more. After all, would it be better to pay up front for clean energy, rather than have to clean up the mess left by dirty oil. Something to think about.

posted under |

1 comments:

Tim said...

Thanks for that link Alycia. It puts it in perspective to see just how much area this spill covers. It's scary.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments